Violation of any of the above-mentioned regulations will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission, the deprivation of the applicant’s recognized status as a NTCU registered student, or revocation of applicant’s NTCU diploma. No academic certificate will be given.
If you fulfill the following status 1, 2 or 3 and 4 to 8, you are eligible to apply as a foreign student.
1. You have a foreign nationality and do not have ROC (Taiwan) nationality.
2. You have dual nationalities and one of it is ROC (Taiwan), but you have never registered for household in Taiwan. At the same time, you have been constantly staying in overseas for consecutive 6 years (8 years to medical, dental, and Chinese medicine applicants) immediately prior to this application.
3. You had the ROC (Taiwan) nationality but it has been more than eight years since the date on which your ROC nationality was revoked by approval of the Ministry of the Interior. The lapse time is counted up till August 1 in the year you are seeking admission. At the same time, you have been constantly staying in overseas for 6 years (8 years to medical, dental, and Chinese medicine applicants).“Constantly staying”indicates that the applicant has not stayed in Taiwan for over 120 days each year.
4. You have never registered to the universities/colleges in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student.
5. You are not of Hong Kong, Macau or People's Republic of China nationality.
6. You have never obtained a high school degree as a foreign student in ROC. However, this restriction does not apply to foreign students who graduate from a school for foreign residents located in ROC, or from a bilingual division (program) affiliated with a senior high school in ROC.
7. You have never been expelled by a university or college or with drop-out records due to failure in conduct grades, academic grades, or being indicted guilty by the criminal law.
8. The diploma (bachelor or master’s degree diploma for graduate program) is valid in the home country of the conferring school, and equivalent to the degree conferred by a lawful academic school in the ROC.
Foreign students with a senior high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs at National Taichung University of Education (NTCU); bachelor's degree for master's program; Master's degree for Ph.D. program. If applicants want to use the equivalent academic attainments and transcripts (these documents must be translated into Chinese or English) to apply for undergraduate or graduate program, they need to present the letter issued from their schools indicating that the applicants' academic attainments and transcripts are equivalent to senior high school diploma, bachelor degree, or master degree and ready to proceed to university or graduate program.